PSG player   reveals that he would jump at the chance to return to Barcelona, if given the opportunity.
Alves, 34, spent 8 trophy-laden seasons at the Camp Nou, between 2008 and 2016.
The Brazilian right-back, who was regarded by many to be the finest in his position in world football during his time with the Blaugrana, racked up an incredible 6 La Liga titles, 4 Copa Del Reys, 4 Spanish Super Cups, 3 Champions Leagues, 3 UEFA Super Cups and 3 Club World Cups with Barca.
However, the summer of 2016 saw Alves depart Catalunya for Serie A giants Juventus on a free transfer, with the veteran stopper having subsequently torn into the Barcelona board for their treatment of him in the months that followed:
‘During my last three seasons I always heard that Alves was leaving but the management never said anything to me.’
‘They were very false and ungrateful. They did not respect me. They only offered me a renewal because of the FIFA transfer ban.’
‘That’s when I played their game and signed a renewal, which included a clause that allowed me to leave for free a year later.’
‘The people who run Barcelona have no idea how to treat their players.’

‘My home’

Alves has since gone on to move club once again, having complained of the strict atmosphere at Juventus before joining Ligue 1 champions PSG last summer.
Dani Alves celebrates v Monaco
TURIN, ITALY – MAY 09: Dani Alves of Juventus celebrates scoring his sides second goal during the UEFA Champions League Semi Final second leg match between Juventus and AS Monaco at Juventus Stadium on May 9, 2017 in Turin, Italy. (Photo by Richard Heathcote/Getty Images)
But, in a statement that is no doubt set to land the experienced Selecao international in hot water with the board at the Parc des Princes, Alves has today revealed that he would jump at the chance to make a return to Barcelona:
‘I’d return to Barcelona tomorrow if they called me.’
‘Barcelona is my home and it’s impossible to say that I’m not going back.’
Share To:

Ifeanyi ifeakachi

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours